|CHAIRPERSON: Stefanie Prevatt, Leon County Extension 4-H Agent
CO-CHAIRPERSON: Eric Westbrook, Wakulla County Extension 4-H Agent
ENTRY DEADLINE: PREREGISTRATION POSTMARKED by October 1st
REGISTRATION: Saturday, November 12, 2016, Time 9:00 – 10:00 a.m.
JUDGING CONTESTS: Saturday, November 12, 2016, Time: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 Noon
ROBOTICS CONTEST: Saturday, November 12, 2016 Time: 10:30 – 1
AWARDS PROGRAM: Saturday, November 12, 2016 Time: 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
CONSUMER CHOICES CHAIRPERSONS: Judy Corbus, Holmes/Washington County FCS Agent and Shirley Bouie, Jefferson County FCS Agent
AGRICULTURAL CHAIRPERSONS: Shep Eubanks, Gadsden County Extension Director; Angel Granger, Jackson County 4-H Agent
HORTICULTURAL CHAIRPERSON: Mark Tancig, Leon County Horticulture Agent
JUNK DRAWER ROBOTICS: Heather Kent, NW District Regional Specialized Agent
AWARDS CEREMONY CHAIRPERSON: Stefanie Prevatt, Leon County Extension
- A Florida county may enter six teams or a maximum of 24 participants in the Consumer Choices event, six teams and unlimited individuals in the Agricultural Judging event, four teams in the Horticultural, and three teams (no individuals) for Robotics contest events. Three or four members comprise a team unless stated otherwise. There will be no intermixing of age divisions on teams. Team members for all judging events must be from the same county. Counties will also be allowed to enter individual participants as well as teams. Individuals will be eligible to compete for individual awards. Registration forms must be postmarked by Monday, October 3, 2016 and mailed to the appropriate individual contest chairperson. Teams who do not pre-register by the deadline may participate but will not be eligible for awards or premium money.
- Ties will be broken by the 4th individual’s score on the team or pre-determined tie-breakers. If a tie cannot be broken (by the pre-determined tie-breaker(s)) and every category is identical, those tying will receive duplicate awards.
- Judging teams should provide #2 pencils for judging. Clipboards would be very helpful for team members. No written materials allowed in contest area. No assistance is permitted from team coaches or parents during contest. Teams/individuals not abiding by contest rules will be automatically disqualified.
- 4-H Judging Participation ribbons will be available for pick-up by one designated person per county on Saturday, November 14th in the Entertainment Area immediately after the awards ceremony. Please have numbers of judging team participants from your county available.
- Duplicate prizes will be awarded in both the 4-H Junior, 4-H Intermediate and the 4-H Senior Divisions.
- For a new plant list for the Horticulture Judging, contact Leon County Extension Horticulture at (850) 606-5202 or visit http://leon.ifas.ufl.edu/4-H_Department/4-H_HORT/NFFHort.pdf The list may be revised so check the link.
- All 4-H members, leaders, and agents will be admitted at no charge into the Fairgrounds until 2:00 PM. All adults must have their 4-H card to enter. Vehicles should be parked outside of the Fairgrounds in free parking.
|DIVISION A – 4-H JUNIOR DIVISION
Any 4-H’er who reaches his/her 8th birthday by September 1st of the current 4-H year and has not passed his/her 10th birthday by September 1st of the current 4-H year.
|DIVISION B – 4-H INTERMEDIATE DIVISION
Any 4-H’er who reaches his/her 11th birthday by September 1st of the current 4-H year and has not passed his/her 13th birthday by September 1st of the current 4-H year.DIVISION C – 4-H SENIOR DIVISION
Any 4-H’er who reaches his/her 14th birthday by September 1st of the current 4-H year and has not passed his/her 19th birthday prior to September 1st of the current 4-H year.
CLASS 1: CONSUMER CHOICES – TEAM
CLASS 2: CONSUMER CHOICES – INDIVIDUAL
Topics will include:
- Outdoor Backpacks
- Energy Drinks – Oral Reasons Class
- Digital Cameras
- Active Wear
Please contact your county 4-H Agent for Consumer Choices study guides.
CLASS 3: AGRICULTURAL JUDGING – TEAM
CLASS 4: AGRICULTURAL JUDGING – INDIVIDUAL
Topics will be selected from the following:
- Beef (Steers)
- Corn (shelled)
- Heifers (Beef)
- Perennial Peanut Hay
CLASS 5: HORTICULTURAL JUDGING – TEAM
CLASS 6: HORTICULTURAL JUDGING – INDIVIDUAL
- Identification of ornamental plants. (15 specimens – 7 minutes – 150 points)
- Identification of fruits. (15 specimens – 7 minutes – 150 points)
- Identification of vegetables. (15 specimens – 7 minutes – 150 points)
- Identification of flowers and foliage. (15 specimens – 7 minutes – 150 points)
(Each member of the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place teams will receive a strip ribbon.)
1st Place Team – $40.00 & Trophy
2nd Place Team – $32.00 & Rosette
3rd Place Team – $24.00 & Rosette
4th thru 13th Place Team – $16.00 per team
14th thru 23rd Place Team – $8.00 per team
1st High Score Individual – $20.00 & Trophy
2nd High Score Individual – $15.00 & Rosette
3rd High Score Individual – $10.00 & Rosette