|CHAIRPERSON: Angie Newberry, Gadsden County 4-H Leader, firstname.lastname@example.org
CO-CHAIRPERSON: Wendy Bruner
ENTRY DEADLINE: October 22, 2018
SET-UP/DECORATE: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 9:00 – 12:00 Noon and Sunday, November 4, 2018, 2:30 – 4:00
JUDGING: Wednesday, November 7, 2018, 11:00 AM
Entry is open to North East & North West District FFA Chapter or 4-H Club.
Use your imagination! Be Creative!
RULES & REGULATIONS
- All entries must submit a sketch/diagram of decoration along with the entry form.
- For this contest to take place there must be a minimum of 4 entries. Due to space requirements, no more than 7 entries will be accepted.
- If entries exceed space/# of bales available, entries will be screened and the number of available spaces will be invited to participate.
- Chapters/Clubs will be notified by email if they have been selected to participate.
- The North Florida Fair will provide one (1) round bale for each participating Chapter/Club to decorate. If more than one round bale is needed club must provide.
- Entries will be judged on eye appeal, construction, use of materials, and creativity.
- Entry judging results will be emailed to the participants and the ribbons can be picked up from the Fair Office after Wednesday, November 7, 2018
- The bales should be decorated with a good clean wholesome nature. No vulgar or suggestive decorations will be allowed – this includes people rolled up inside a bale with feet or head sticking out.
- Bales can be placed lying on their side or standing on end. This will be your choice. Please specify position of bale on entry form. If you will be providing a maximum of 8 small rectangular bales for feet or decoration please list on entry form. For safety purposes round bales will not be stacked on top of each other. Also, please note that not all the hay bale locations are on grass; some will be displayed on concrete.
- Decorations should be weather and wind-proof.
- Paint may be applied to the hay bale. No paint on concrete area is allowed.
- NO Commercial or Political party signs of ANY KIND are allowed.
- Decorations may not be removed from bales before Monday, November 13th from 10:00 AM until 1:00 PM
CLASS 1: Contest
1st Place Team – $35.00 & Rosette
2nd Place Team – $25.00 & Rosette
3rd Place Team – $18.00 & Rosette
4th Place Team – $10.00 & Rosette
5th Place Team – $8.00 & Rosette