|CHAIRPERSON: Priscilla Weaver
CO-CHAIRPERSON: Amber Jordan
SECRETARY: Open Show – Kourtney Durden
SHOW COMMITTEE: Priscilla Weaver, Kourtney Durden, Amber Jordan, Trish Dugger, Josh Durden, Beth Kennelley, Faye Trussell
ENTRY DEADLINE: Must be postmarked by October 1st
ENTRY FEE: $8.00 per animal, $16.00 per animal after October 1st
ARRIVAL TIME: Thursday, November 8, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. NO EARLY ARRIVALS
Prior arrangements must be made for late/early arrivals with the Livestock Director.
SHOWTIME: OPEN SHOWS – Saturday, November 10 at 9:00 a.m.
RELEASE TIME: Saturday, November 10 immediately following show or at the discretion of Chairperson. No Saturday night stays allowed
JUDGE: Justin Bassett
RULES & REGULATIONS
EXHIBITORS IN ALL SHOWS MUST ABIDE BY THE RULES AND HEALTH REGULATIONS.
All goats must have certificates of veterinary inspection and a scrapie premise number. Goats that originate in the State of Florida no longer need to be tested for tuberculosis or brucellosis. Goats originating from out of state must have been tested for tuberculosis and brucellosis within 30 days of the opening day of the fair.
- All goat shows are sanctioned by American Dairy Goat Association (“ADGA”). The Senior Doe and Junior Doe shows are sanctioned separately. Animals without papers may not be shown. The ADGA rules shall govern. The official registration certificate is required for show animals over six months of age. A duplicate application for registry stamped by the ADGA office is permissible for animals under six months of age. The registration certificate or stamped duplicate application must be available to the show secretary at time of arrival.
- Available space will be determined by postmark on entry form. Due to space restraints, entries will be on a first come first serve, basis. The total number of entries is limited to twenty-five (25) animals per farm.
- Entry fees for Open Show must accompany entries. Make checks payable to North Florida Fair Association and mail to 441 E Paul Russell Road, Tallahassee, Florida 32301-6996. ENTRY FORMS CAN NOW BE FILLED OUT ON-LINE AND THEN PRINTED. ALL FORMS MUST BE COMPLETE OR THEY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Information on entry form must reflect certificate of registration (no barn names). Copy of registration papers need to accompany entries.
- NEW! Dept., Div. and Class must be written on entry form. All incomplete forms will be returned. If you have any questions about what is acceptable please call the Chairperson or Fair Office.
- There will be a $8.00 fee per animal for returned entries.
- Entrance to the livestock area will be off Paul Russell Road through Gate 1 on the north side of the Fairgrounds.
- Parking in designated areas only. Overnight sleeping will be allowed in the tack pens providing materials are not set up before the barn is closed at 10:30 p.m. No dogs allowed in barn.
- All animals must be dehorned.
- First bedding will be provided.
- Exhibitors must be clean and neat and dressed in white, dark blue or black pants or long skirt with a solid white shirt. Closed-toed shoes or boots are required. Exhibitors not conforming to the dress code will not be allowed to enter the show ring.
- All personal items, trash and other debris must be removed from exhibitor’s pens prior to checkout. Do not empty water buckets in pens. Failure to comply may result in forfeiture of premium monies.
- Area in front of pens must be kept swept and clean at all times.
- Exhibitors will require a release form from chairperson before leaving.
- Show order is not subject to change
OPEN “SENIOR DOE” DAIRY GOAT SHOW
ANY DOE THAT HAS EVER FRESHENED
DIVISION A – Recorded Grade
DIVISION B – Toggenburg
DIVISION C – Alpine
DIVISION D – LaMancha
DIVISION E – Nubian
DIVISION F – Oberhasli
DIVISION G – Nigerian Dwarf
DIVISION H – AOP (All Other Purebreeds)
CLASS 1: Milkers under 2 years of age
CLASS 2: Milkers 2 years and under 3 years
CLASS 3: Milkers 3 years and under 4 years
CLASS 4: Milkers 4 years and under 5 years
CLASS 5: Milkers 5 years and under 7 years
CLASS 6: Milkers 7 years and over
CLASS 7: Champion Challenge (Best of Breed)
CLASS 8: Dam & Daughter
CLASS 9: Dam, Daughter & Grandaughter
CLASS 10: Produce of Dam (2 daughters from same dam)
CLASS 11: Get of Sire (3 daughters from same sire)
CLASS 12: Best Three Females (owned by exhibitor)
CLASS 13: Dairy Herd (4 Does in Milk) owned by exhibitor
Premium Schedule (Classes 1-14)
GRAND CHAMPION SENIOR DOE – ADGA Rosette
RESERVE GRAND CHAMPION SENIOR DOE – ADGA Rosette
BEST OF BREED – Premium & ADGA Rosette
BEST UDDER IN SHOW – Rosette and Award
Ribbons will be awarded through 5th place in all other classes.