CHAIRPERSON: Donna Dye, (Tallahassee Chapter of the American Sewing Guild)
ASSISTANT CHAIRPERSON: Christy Gregg (Tallahassee Chapter of the American Sewing Guild)
ENTRY FEE: None
ARRIVAL TIME: Friday, October 27, 2023 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Saturday, October 28, 2023 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Building #4
RELEASE TIME: Monday, November 13, 2023 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Building #4
RULES & REGULATIONS
HOME DEPARTMENT EXHIBITORS MUST ABIDE BY THE GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Entries in Home Division are open to all men and women who reside in the Big Bend Counties as specified in the North Florida Fair General Rules as found on the website https://northfloridafair.com/general-rules/ . The Youth section is open to all young people up to and including the twelfth grade who reside in the Big Bend Counties.
- No entries will be accepted or returned by mail.
- All entries must not have previously shown at the North Florida Fair to be entered competitively in exhibits.
- Handmade entries must have been made by exhibitor.
- Knitting will not be displayed on hangers.
- Hangers will be provided for entries needing to be hung, such as clothing or small quilts.
- All entries must be clean, odor free and in excellent condition. The Chairpersons have the authority to reject any entries not meeting these specifications.
- All entries must have any labels concealed from view of the judges by pinning fabric on all 4 sides. Painter’s tape or any similar products are not acceptable. Judges will be inspecting your entry during the judging process.
- Do not include business cards or any other sales information with entry. There will be no sales of entries in connection with the Home Department.
- Any entries, determined by the Chairpersons, to not meet the rules and regulations listed herein may be denied.
- North Florida Fair employees and volunteers are not responsible for breakage, damage, or theft.
- NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Quality of workmanship………..40
Suitability of material……………10
Use of Colors………………………..10
DIVISION A – ADULTS
DIVISION B – YOUTH Grades up to 5
DIVISION C – YOUTH Grades 6 – 8
DIVISION D – YOUTH Grades 9 – 12
CLASS 1: KNITTING – Afghan
CLASS 2: KNITTING – Clothing (excluding baby)
CLASS 3: KNITTING – Baby Articles (including clothing)
CLASS 4: KNITTING – Scarves/Stoles
CLASS 5: KNITTING – Headgear
CLASS 6: KNITTING – Any other item not listed
CLASS 7: CROCHETING – Clothing (excluding baby)
CLASS 8: CROCHETING – Afghans/Bedspreads
CLASS 9: CROCHETING – Table Cloths, Centerpieces, Doilies
CLASS 10: CROCHETING – Small Articles, Toys, Dolls
CLASS 11: CROCHETING – Baby Articles (including clothing)
CLASS 12: CROCHETING – Scarves/Stoles
CLASS 13: CROCHETING – Headgear
CLASS 14: CROCHETING – Any other item not listed
CLASS 15: QUILTING – Appliquéd (non holiday)
CLASS 16: QUILTING – Pieced (non holiday)
CLASS 17: QUILTING – Juvenile themed (non-holiday)
CLASS 18: QUILTING – Embroidered (non-holiday)
CLASS 19: QUILTING – Wall Hangings (non-holiday)
CLASS 20: QUILTING – Any other item not listed (non-holiday)
CLASS 21: QUILTING – Holiday
CLASS 22: HOME DECOR – Rugs (non-holiday)
CLASS 23: HOME DECOR – Table Runners, Tablecloths, Placemats, Centerpieces, Table Toppers, Mug Rugs (non-holiday)
CLASS 24: HOME DECOR – Pillows (non-holiday)
CLASS 25: HOME DECOR – Any other item not listed (non-holiday)
CLASS 26: HOME DECOR – Holiday
CLASS 27: EMBROIDERY – Stamped Embroidery
CLASS 28: EMBROIDERY – Canvas Techniques
CLASS 29: EMBROIDERY – Counted Thread
CLASS 30: EMBROIDERY – Pulled Thread
CLASS 31: EMBROIDERY – Lace
CLASS 32: EMBROIDERY – Surface Embroidery
CLASS 33: EMBROIDERY – Mixed Media
CLASS 34: EMBROIDERY – Machine Embroidery
CLASS 35: EMBROIDERY – Any other item not listed
CLASS 36: CLOTHING – Men’s
CLASS 37: CLOTHING – Women’s
CLASS 38: CLOTHING – Children’s
CLASS 39: CLOTHING – Formal Wear
CLASS 40: CLOTHING – Lingerie
CLASS 41: CLOTHING – Any other item not listed
CLASS 42: ACCESSORIES – Hats, Belts, Scarves
CLASS 43: ACCESSORIES – Bags, Totes
CLASS 44: ACCESSORIES – Purses, Wallets
CLASS 45: ACCESSORIES – Any other item no listed
For the classes included in Repurposing, the exhibitor must provide a photograph showing the item(s) before they were used to make the entry, and/or a detailed written description of the item(s) used in making the entry. Chairpersons reserve the authority to reject any entry that does not have the required written description or photograph.
CLASS 46: REPURPOSING – Clothing and Aprons
CLASS 47: REPURPOSING – Accessories
CLASS 48: REPURPOSING – Any other item no listed
CLASS 49: HANDICRAFTS – Jewelry
CLASS 50: HANDICRAFTS – Wood Crafts
CLASS 51: HANDICRAFTS – Dolls
CLASS 52: HANDICRAFTS – Paper Crafts
CLASS 53: HANDICRAFTS – Embellished/Ornamental Balls
CLASS 54: HANDICRAFTS – Any other item not listed
CLASS 55: TEXTILES – Felting
CLASS 56: TEXTILES – Art
CLASS 57: TEXTILES – Weaving Clothes
CLASS 58: TEXTILES – Weaving Non-Clothes
CLASS 59: TEXTILES – Any other item not listed
CLASSES 60-66 (COLLECTIONS) ARE FOR ***YOUTH ONLY***
A collection is 2 or more similar or related items. All entries in the Collections classes must be displayed in an organized and contained manner. Chairpersons reserve the authority to reject any entry that is not organized or securely contained.
CLASS 60: COLLECTIONS – Shells (YOUTH ONLY)
CLASS 61: COLLECTIONS – Stamps (YOUTH ONLY)
CLASS 62: COLLECTIONS – Coins (YOUTH ONLY)
CLASS 63: COLLECTIONS – Scale Model Toys (YOUTH ONLY)
CLASS 64: COLLECTIONS – Entomology (YOUTH ONLY)
CLASS 65: COLLECTIONS – Rocks (YOUTH ONLY)
CLASS 66: COLLECTIONS – Any other item not listed (YOUTH ONLY)
BEST OF SHOW – $50.00 & Rosette
BEST OF SHOW QUILTS – $50.00 & Rosette
BEST OF SHOW YOUTH – $25.00 & Rosette