|CHAIRPERSON: Mary Woody
CO-CHAIRPERSONS: Cathy Gardner
ENTRY FEE: None
ARRIVAL TIME: Tuesday, November 1, 2022 & Wednesday, November 2, 2022 – 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
JUDGING: Thursday A.M., November 3, 2022
RELEASE TIME: Monday, November 14, 2022 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
RULES & REGULATIONS
EXHIBITORS MUST ABIDE BY THE GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Entry in all competitive classes is open to residents of North Florida.
- No artificial plants will be permitted in any part of the show.
- No plants on the state’s conservation list may be exhibited in any part of the show, unless grown by the exhibitor or acquired in a legal manner & labeled with common and botanical name.
- Plants on the USDA invasive and noxious plant list will not be judged
- All exhibited plants must be marked with a tag number, common & botanical name and comply with show guidelines.
- Judging will be done using a point system. Judge’s decisions will be final.
- All entries must be submitted to the registrar in building 1 (One) on Tuesday, November 2nd and/or Wednesday, November 3rd between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Judging will be held on Thursday morning, November 3, 2022. (Note: If you have multiple entries it is requested registration) Once an entry is placed on the exhibit table, not changes or alteration are allowed by the participant, as the plant entry must remain with the North Florida Fair until the conclusion of the Fair. Judging will be held on Thursday a.m. November 3rd, 2022.
- All landscaping entries must be completed by 6 p.m. Wednesday, November 2nd. Landscaping entries may start on Sunday or Monday with approval of the Chairperson.
- All coloring entries must be completed by the entrant (student) without assistant from other parties. A prize will not be awarded to an entry, which in the judges determination, was not done solely by the contestant.
- Coloring contestants may only submit one colored picture. coloring page
- Coloring contestants may use crayons, markers, colored pencils, or gel pens.
- A number tag and stub will be issued by the registrar for each entry. The tag stub must be presented to pick up your entry.
- Only judges and other authorized individuals will be allowed in the flower show area during judging activities. After judging you may enter the building to water your plants during Non-Fair-Hours.
- Entries must remain for duration of exhibit and shall not be removed prior to release date of November 14th without prior approval.
- Tag stubs with numbers corresponding to plant tags must be presented at pick-up for release of entry. The fair office requires them for release of the premium payment.
- The show will open to the public, Thursday, November 3, 2022 during regular Fair hours and will end at the closing of the Fair on November 13, 2022.
- Non-competition Exhibitor and Vendor space are available — Exhibitors and vendors are permitted to exhibit educational information, products and services. Community associations may also exhibit about their communities. All must register during designated registration hours and must comply with general rules and guidelines
- IMPORTANT: The Flower Show committee and North Florida Fair personnel will protect exhibits to the best of its ability, but cannot assume responsibility for damages and loss.
DIVISION A – All Exhibitors
CLASS 1: Annuals
CLASS 2: Perennials
CLASS 3: Decorative Foliage Potted Plants
CLASS 4: Flowering Potted Plants
CLASS 5: Vegetables, Fruit & Herbs
CLASS 6: Flower Arrangements
CLASS 7: Single Flower or Plant Cutting Specimen
CLASS 8: Plants or Vegetable Plant Garden
CLASS 9: Hanging Baskets
CLASS 10: Shrubs, Trees & Vines
CLASS 11: Succulents
CLASS 12: Landscape
CLASS 13: Tea Table Design with Floral Centerpiece
*CLASS 14: Flower Coloring Contest Elementary School Children K-1st Grade
*CLASS 15: Flower Coloring Contest Elementary School Children 2nd-3rd
*CLASS 16: Flower Coloring Contest Elementary School Children 4th -5th
*Classes 14-16 click link for coloring page Coloring page
BEST IN CLASS – $20.00 and Rosette For All Classes except Class 6, and Classes 12 thru 16
BEST FLOWER ARRANGEMENT – $25.00 and Rosette
BEST LANDSCAPE 1st Prize – $100.00 and Rosette
BEST LANDSCAPE 2nd Prize – $60.00 and Rosette
BEST LANDSCAPE 3rd Prize – $40.00 and Rosette
BEST TEA TABLE ENTRY 1st Prize – $50 and Blue Rosette
BEST TEA TABLE ENTRY 2nd Prize – $25 and Red Rosette
BEST TEA TABLE ENTRY 3rd Prize – $15 and White Rosette
BEST IN SHOW – $100.00 and Rosette
BEST COLORING PAGE 1st Prize – $8.00 and Rosette
BEST COLORING PAGE 2nd Prize – $6.00 and Rosette
BEST COLORING PAGE 3rd Prize – $4.00 and Rosette