CHAIRPERSON: Cathy Gardner
CO-CHAIRPERSON: Gloria Ford
CORRESPONDENCE SEC: Liz Harvey
PRESIDENT: Linda Inge
ENTRY FEE: None
ARRIVAL TIME: Tuesday, October 31, 2023 & Wednesday, November 1, 2023 – 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
JUDGING: Thursday A.M., November 2, 2023
RELEASE TIME: Monday, November 13, 2023 – 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Capital City Garden Club Exhibitors Guide 2023
RULES & REGULATIONS
EXHIBITORS MUST ABIDE BY THE GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Entry in all competitive classes is open to residents of North Florida.
- REGISTRATION: All entries must be submitted to the registrar in Building 1 on Tuesday, October 31st and Wednesday, November 1st between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Judging, Thursday, November 2, 2023. Results available after 3:00 p.m.
- The registrar must tag all exhibited plants. The tag will include a tag number, owner information, common & botanical name of horticulture entries. The tag stub must be presented at pick-up for entries to be released and for participants to receive premium awards.
- No artificial plants will be permitted in any part of the show.
- Entries of plants contained on the University of Florida (UFL) invasive plant directory may be displayed but will not be judged for premium awards and ribbons.
- Judges will use a 100-scale point system. The judge’s decisions will be final.
- Only judges, clerks and other authorized individuals will be allowed in the flower show area during judging. After judging participants may enter the building to water plants during non-fair hours.
- Exhibit entries must remain for the duration of the exhibit and shall not be removed prior to the release date of November 12th without prior approval.
- REQUIREMENT FOR PARTICIPATION: Once an entry is placed on an exhibit table, no changes or interaction with placed plants will be allowed. Placement conducted by authorized Placement Committee members ONLY.
- Fall Flower Show 2023 will open at 5 PM Thursday, November 2, 2023, along with the North Florida Fair opening and will end at the Fair closing on November 12, 2023.
- Participants entering flowers and plants must ensure that they are maintained in a showwo rthy condition for the duration of the show. Maintenance and watering of plants are the responsibilities of the participant. Participants may be allowed to enter Building 1 during non-fair hours to water and inspect plants for condition but are prohibited from removing or moving any registered entry without approval of the show chair or co-chair. (Note: Parking is prohibited in non-designated areas.)
- Non-competition Exhibitor and Vendor spaces are available — Exhibitors and vendors are permitted to display educational information, products, and services. Community associations may also exhibit information about their communities. All must register during designated registration hours and must comply with general rules and guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Capital City Garden Club, Inc. (CCGC) will exercise due caution in safeguarding exhibits but will not assume responsibility for injury or loss of plants or material submitted for exhibit. Valuable items used in the exhibit should be insured by the exhibitor.
LIMITATION OF CCGC’S LIABILITY. Exhibitors will make no claim against CCGC, Inc and agree that the organization shall not be liable for any injury or loss or damage to the exhibitor, or to its employees, agents, property, or business. CCGC welcomes flora market exhibitors to promote their organizations or businesses by exhibiting brochures, posters, pictures and other related materials.
DIVISION A – All Exhibitors
CLASS 1: Annuals
CLASS 2: Perennials
CLASS 3: Decorative Foliage Potted Plants
CLASS 4: Flowering Potted Plants
CLASS 5: Vegetables, Fruit & Herbs
CLASS 6: Flower Arrangements
CLASS 7: Single Flower or Plant Cutting Specimen
CLASS 8: Plants or Vegetable Plant Garden
CLASS 9: Hanging Baskets
CLASS 10: Shrubs, Trees & Vines
CLASS 11: Succulents
CLASS 12: Landscapes
CLASS 13: Tea Table Design with Floral Centerpiece
CLASS 14: Flower Coloring Contest Elementary School Children K-1st Grade
CLASS 15: Flower Coloring Contest Elementary School Children 2nd-3rd Grade
CLASS 16: Flower Coloring Contest Elementary School Children 4th-5th Grade
*Classes 14 -16 click link for coloring page Coloring Page
BEST IN CLASS – $20.00 and Rosette for All Classes except Class 6, and Classes 12 thru 16.
BEST FLOWER ARRANGEMENT – $25.00 and Rosette
BEST LANDSCAPE 1st Prize – $100.00 and Rosette
BEST LANDSCAPE 2nd Prize – $60.00 and Rosette
BEST LANDSCAPE 3rd Prize – $40.00 and Rosette
BEST TEA TABLE ENTRY 1ST Prize — $50 and Blue Rosette
BEST TEA TABLE ENTRY 2ND Prize – $25 and Red Rosette
BEST TEA TABLE ENTRY 3RD Prize – $15.00 and White Rosette
BEST IN SHOW – $100.00 and Rosette
BEST COLORING PAGE 1ST Prize – $8.00 and Rosette
BEST COLORING PAGE 2ND Prize – $6.00 and Rosette
BEST COLORING PAGE 3RD Prize – $4.00 and Rosette